Friday, July 1, 2011

Fun for Friday

Since we are only just getting to know each other, here are five fun facts about me.

#1 - I am a twin.

As a child I was often annoyed that friends, teachers and parents treated us as a unit instead of individuals. I didn't get my own birthday cake. It took me a while to get my own friends.

Now that most people are unaware that I am a twin, things are much more amusing. We are nothing alike, and we don't even look related. I enjoy divulging the news and showing a picture (or introducing the real person!) The looks are priceless.

She's done beauty pageants and modeling gigs. She enjoys the spotlight, and I can hardly apply makeup properly. I'm more of a "get my hands dirty and get stuff done" kind of person.

#2 - I make things.

Once upon a time, I wanted to go to art school. (Then I did, and it was a small waste of money.) But ever since I can remember, I have been making things. Artsy-crafty bits, clothing, bread, homemade shampoo, the odd hammock.. Not everything has been successful, but it is always a fun challenge.

#3 - Gatos!

I love cats. When I was more seriously into art, I used to have an art website called AngryGato. I now have an angry gato of my very own. His name is Bowser. He bites, but I love him anyway.

#4 - I hate mountains.

Image from: http://www.nps.gov/noca/planyourvisit/images/Pierce_Mtn_Trail-1.JPG

Specifically, I hate climbing mountains. I've had lots of bad experiences with them.

For some reason, climbing a mountain always results in pain and suffering for me. It's not like I'm in terrible physical shape and can't handle the workout. I hate the pressure of having to reach the top. I don't care about conquering nature. I especially don't care if I'm "almost there" when I've decided I've had enough.

I've seen mountain views. They don't do anything for me. When I've run out of water and the bugs are chomping at every inch of exposed skin, I'm done.

#5 - The good ol' hockey game!


I love hockey. My team is.. yes, the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins. Favorite player is #22: fourth-line leader, enforcer and ginger-extraordinaire Shawn Thornton.

I haven't always loved hockey, but I have to thank my boyfriend and his family for getting me into it. They have a rich family tradition with the sport.


I hope to do a fun feature like this every Friday, but we'll see how things shake out.

No comments:

Post a Comment